Yes, You can bring your parents to Australia on a tourist visa. You need to sponsor their Visitor visa application. This means you are responsible for their financial support in Australia. It is necessary to give them an invite that describes the intention for their trip. Moreover, you need to highlight the methods of support you will provide during their stay.
Types Of Visas:
Visitor visa (subclass 600):
This is the most common type of tourist visa. It allows people to visit Australia for tourism, business, or medical reasons. This visa remains valid with a maximum of 12 months. This can be prolonged for an additional further 12 months period. With the help of this visa, you can bring your parents to Australia.
Requirements For Subclass 600:
- They must have a valid passport.
- A medical document is required to confirm their ability to go on the journey.
- They should possess a return or onward ticket.
- Your parents’ application for a Visitor visa requires your sponsorship. You will be responsible for their finances while they are in Australia.
Cost For Visitor Visa ( Subclass 600)
Each individual needs to pay AUD$145 as the application fee. You can choose between applying for a Visitor visa for your parents online or by mail.
Processing Time For Visitor Visa:
On average, a Visitor visa is processed within 10-14 days. During busy periods with lots of people using it, it may take longer.
Documents Required For Visitor Visa:
- You need to gather your parents’ passports, medical certificates, and proof of funds.
- You should include a letter of invitation that tells why they want to visit Australia and how they will be taken care of during their visit.
- Complete the application form.
- Pay the application fee. For every person, you have to give AUD$145 as the application fee.
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Subclass 870 Visa
This visa allows a parent of an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident to visit Australia for a period of 3 to 5 years. Additionally, you must be the legal child of your parents (biological, adoptive, or step-child). Your spouse or partner can also sponsor their parents. Also, you must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
Cost For Subclass 870 Visa
The application fee for the Sponsored Parent visa is AUD$190 per person.
Processing Time For Subclass 870 Visa
As per immigration officials, most visas are processed within a period of 53 days. Few visas can take up to 69 days or possibly even more days. In case additional documents or further information is needed by the Immigration Agency, the time required for processing the travel permit will be extended. Provided that all the necessary documents are in order, then the duration of the processing time will become substantially speedier.
Documents Required For 870 Visa
- You must first have an approved Parent Sponsorship.
- Then, you can apply online for the visa.
- Be sure to lodge your visa application within 6 months of the sponsorship approval, or within 60 days if you have been granted Permission to Apply in Australia.
The Bottom Line
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia and looking to bring your parents to live in the country on a tourist visa, reach out to us! Ozee Migration provides free evaluations with our Migration Agents in Adelaide to discover the best visa for your situation, and we would be delighted to bring your family back together.
We will help you with your visa exploration and application process. Our migration agents are knowledgeable in the legal requirements, eligibility criteria, and documents needed. Let us help you get started on your journey to obtaining an Australian tourist visa for your parents.
Recommended Read: Reasons for Visa Refusal Australia and How to Appeal
- 820 Visa vs. 309 Visa: Which Partner Visa Option Suits You Better?October 23, 2023
- 491 Visa for Skilled Workers: Key Industries and Job OpportunitiesOctober 13, 2023
- How a Migration Agent Can Shape Your Educational Journey?September 14, 2023
- Is Partner Visa 309 a Permanent Residency?September 5, 2023
- How to Calculate Points for Australia Immigration?July 19, 2023