The process of immigrating to Australia is surprisingly straightforward. You must understand how the Australian points system works in order to be eligible for a permanent resident visa. Once you know a little more about Australia, immigrating there is easier. Becoming a permanent resident of Australia is as easy as scoring enough points through a complicated point system.
This article will help you understand what the Australian point system is and why it is important.
What is the PR Point System?
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection uses a point-based system to assess potential Australian immigrants. It takes into consideration factors like health, knowledge of English, professional experience, and education.
If you want to immigrate to Australia, you can get points based on your age, English proficiency, employment experience, and qualifications.
65 points is the minimum score required to apply for permanent residency.
How Are Australia PR Points Calculated in 2023?
Skilled workers planning to move to Australia as permanent residents need to earn 65 points or higher.
- With age, you can earn a maximum of 30 points.
- The maximum score for education is 20 points.
- The maximum score for employment outside Australia is 15 points.
- A maximum of 20 points can be scored for scoring employment in Australia.
- You can score a maximum of 20 points in the English Language.
- You can score a maximum of 5 points for Education in Australia.
- You can receive a maximum of 5 points for niche skills.
- You can earn up to 5 points for spouse skills.
Can Immigration Consultant Help In Getting PR?
Yes. An immigration consultant provides assistance with formalities, like getting the correct visa for the applicant in a timely manner. It’s recommended to hire an immigration consultant because they can file for your Australia PR visa.
- A consultant may know the process thoroughly and may be able to provide a lot of good advice.
- They are experts at immigration laws and fully understand immigration law.
- They can speed up processes and make sure everything is done on time.
Immigration consultants help individuals obtain a visa and provide them with recommendations they can use in the future. If you are seeking a visa, you will receive assistance in the area of visas.
- Guidance on how to choose the right type of permanent residency visa.
- The visa process is explained so the user can understand how the process works and what to expect.
- Knowledge of your job prospects in Australia
These other factors could give you extra points on an assessment
- PR points are awarded when a person knows a community language.
- Completed a year of work in your nominated occupation in Australia for at least 12 months before you applied, you get 5 points.
- The holder of a State Nomination (190 visas), gets 5 points.
Documents Required for PR Application
- You need a valid passport, a Duly filled PR Application form, and a Valid Passport.
- ECA Report, IELTS or TOEFL Test Result
- Two passport-size photographs
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Character Certificate
Find Program Best For You
- Apply for the highest number of relevant programs if you’re interested in PR.
- There are three common ways to apply for Australian residency: a family application, a skilled application, or an investment application. With so many different streams, Consider your needs into consideration when deciding which stream is right for you.
The Bottom Line
The point system for immigrating to Australia can be stressful, so it is important to understand the details so you can get the best results. The higher your score, the better your chances of getting permanent residency are.
Recommended Read: Important Things to Consider Before Migrating to Australia
- 820 Visa vs. 309 Visa: Which Partner Visa Option Suits You Better?October 23, 2023
- 491 Visa for Skilled Workers: Key Industries and Job OpportunitiesOctober 13, 2023
- How a Migration Agent Can Shape Your Educational Journey?September 14, 2023
- Is Partner Visa 309 a Permanent Residency?September 5, 2023
- How to Calculate Points for Australia Immigration?July 19, 2023