If you want to move to Australia and are in the process of completing your visa application, you may be wondering how long it will take. The processing time for Australian visas is not fixed, as it can vary and there is no sure way of predicting how long you will have to wait for a response. The Australian government has set out these time periods as a reference, but they may be subject to alteration.
Let’s Understand What is Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (494 Subclass):
On November 16th, 2019, the Australian government introduced the Sponsored Regional Visas (Subclass 494) with a permanent pathway available from November 2022. It is open to candidates possessing the needed skills in specific regional areas and offers 10,000 positions annually. This visa is valid for five years and offers holders living, studying, and working in a designated regional area the opportunity to apply along with eligible family members. You can apply for permanent residency after three years from the time your visa gets approved if qualified.
494 Visa Processing Time:
At Present,75% of applications undergo processing in 3 months while 90% of applications undergo processing in 4 months.
Employer-Sponsored Stream Subclass 494 Visa Processing Time
25% of the applications are processed within 4 months.
50% of the applications take 9 months to get processed.
75% of the applications get processed within 13 months.
90% of the applications take 14 months to get processed.
Labour Agreement Stream Subclass 494 Visa Processing Time
25% of applications are processed within 5 months.
50% of applications are processed within 5 months.
75% of applications are processed within 7 months.
90% of applications are processed within 9 months.
494 Visa Application Process
- For businesses sponsoring someone for the 494 visas, approval as a sponsor or maintenance of a labor agreement is required. To receive sponsorship approval, businesses must meet the criteria of being an active and legally operating company (inside or outside of Australia), committed to hiring local labor free from discriminatory practices, and willing to abide by the terms of their sponsorship for its entire duration.
- There are various sponsorship periods available for businesses depending on their type and location. For example, established businesses can receive a sponsorship grant for 18 months and 5 years. Start-ups can typically receive a sponsorship grant for 3 years.
Nomination By the employer
- To nominate a position for the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494), the employer must choose an occupation from the applicable Skilled Occupations List., demonstrate that there is a genuine requirement for full-time employment within the business, and make an offer at a salary not less than the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT), currently set at A$53,900 per annum.
How Long Does it Take to Get a 494 Visa?
- The timeline for applying for a Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494) may be variable depending on several factors. The process of skills assessment may take between 10 days and several months depending on the authority responsible for the assessment. For a more precise estimation, please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website.
- In addition, those wishing to apply for this visa must meet certain criteria based on their chosen stream. For those applying through the Employer Sponsored Stream, they must be less than 45 years old at the time their application is submitted and be nominated by an approved sponsor.
- Additionally, they must have a valid skills assessment in their occupation and three years of relevant employment experience in the nominated occupation, as well as meeting registration and licensing requirements and having competent English language skills (unless exempt).
- For the Labour Agreement Stream, applicants must be under 45 years of age at the time of application and be nominated by a labor agreement holder.
- Furthermore, the employer must offer them a permanent position in an occupation specified in the work agreement and the applicant may be required to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills to perform tasks in their nominated occupation.
- Finally, they must have the necessary English language skills for their occupation and meet health and character requirements.
Benefits of Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
- The 494 visa provides a range of advantages for you and any dependents.
- You are permitted to live, study, and work in an identified regional area within Australia for a predetermined duration.
- Furthermore, you may enter and exit Australia while this visa is valid.
- After satisfying the requirements, you can apply for the Permanent Residence Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 191).
Cost of Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
To apply for this visa, the main applicant has to pay AU$4,115. Dependent applicants who are 18 years and above need to pay AU$2,025 while those under 18 years need to pay AU$1,010. In addition, dependent applicants without functional English are required to pay a second instalment fee.
The Bottom Line
If you fulfill the requirements, you are eligible to search for a job. For employment, your potential employer must either already have a labor agreement with the Australian Government or be willing to apply for one. The employer must be situated in regional Australia, outside of the main cities, which covers areas such as Adelaide, Gold Coast, Hobart, Illawarra, Lake Macquarie, Geelong, and Wollongong.
Once your visa has been approved, you can plan your relocation to Australia. If you need any guidance regarding the visa process or other info then contacting professional immigration consultancies like Ozee Migration is suggested. Their agents can provide comprehensive support throughout the entire process, from beginning to end.
- 820 Visa vs. 309 Visa: Which Partner Visa Option Suits You Better?October 23, 2023
- 491 Visa for Skilled Workers: Key Industries and Job OpportunitiesOctober 13, 2023
- How a Migration Agent Can Shape Your Educational Journey?September 14, 2023
- Is Partner Visa 309 a Permanent Residency?September 5, 2023
- How to Calculate Points for Australia Immigration?July 19, 2023