There are several visa options that allow businesses to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia. They are:
There are three types of streams in this subclass 482:
1) Short Term Stream
2) Medium Term
3) Labour Agreement
1) Short Term Stream: Under this stream, your nominated occupation must be on the STSOL list. The applicant must hold at least two years of work experience in the nominated occupation. IF required applicant must hold Skill assessment from the relevant assessing body.
2) Medium Term: Under this stream, your nominated occupation must be on MLTSSL List. The applicant can apply for 4 years and if later eligible can apply for Permanent residency. The applicant must hold at least two years of work experience in the nominated occupation. IF required applicant must hold Skill assessment from the relevant assessing body.
Both the Short-term and Medium-term streams visas enable employers to address labour shortages by bringing in skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
For information kindly visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00274
The Employer Nomination Scheme lets skilled workers, who are nominated by an employer, live and work in Australia permanently. There are certain requirements for the applicant and employer to satisfy such as Nominated Position must be on eligible skilled occupation, the applicant must hold positive skill assessment unless exempt, applicant must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience unless exempt, Employer must lawfully operating in Australia, the position must be for two years, , a genuine need for position along with some other requirements.
For information kindly visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00275
The Skilled Employer Sponsered Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 494) visa enables regional employers to address identified labor shortages within their region by sponsoring skilled workers where employers can’t source an appropriately skilled Australian worker.
This visa allows you to live in designated Australia regions are for 5 years and can travel to or from Australia within the time frame.
For the successful visa grant, you must fulfill the below minimum requirement
- To be nominated to work in an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have at least 3 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation
- have a relevant skills assessment, unless an exemption applies
- work only for your sponsor or associated entity, unless an exemption applies
- be under 45 years of age, unless an exemption applies
- meet minimum standards of English language proficiency