We have 17+ years of experience in

Parent Visa Consultation

Study or work abroad while living with your parents.

Parent visa

The Parent visa permits parents to live in Australia only if their child is a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. This visa will allow the parent or parents to relocate to Australia to join their children permanently.

Holders of a Parent Visa (Subclass 103) can:

  • Be a permanent resident of Australia
  • Sponsor eligible family members to visit Australia.
  • Obtain Medicare coverage
  • Apply for citizenship in Australia (if eligible)

Visa requirements for parents

Please keep in mind

Before this visa is approved, you may have to wait up to 30 years.

If you are currently in Australia and your current temporary visa is about to expire, you will be ineligible for a bridging visa to stay. This is due to the fact that you must be outside of Australia when your application is decided.

Benefits of Parent Visa

A parent visa allows you, your partner, and your dependent family to live in Australia permanently.

The following are some additional benefits:

  • It is permissible to work or study.
  • An access to government-subsidized healthcare through Medicare; the ability to
  • sponsor family members for permanent residency in Australia (a waiting period applies).
  • Social safety net (a waiting period applies).
  • A number of criteria must be met by applicants for a Parent (subclass 103) visa. This section outlines the general visa requirements.

Eligibility for a parent visa

Certain criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a parent visa:

The candidate
The applicant must have an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen as a child.

The sponsor
If your child is not an eligible sponsor, you may be sponsored by the individuals listed below:

  • A community organization.
  • A guardian or family member of your child’s partner.
  • A guardian or family member of your child.
  • Your child’s partner.

Requirements for Health and Character

All applicants and accompanying family members, including your partner and any dependent family members, must have a health check.

Debts owed to the Australian government

Any debts owed to the Australian government must be paid before this visa can be granted. If you are having financial difficulties, you may need to set up a repayment plan.

Visa application restrictions

If you are in Australia, you may be prohibited from applying for this visa in certain cases:

  • If your previous visa had the condition that you would not be granted a substantial visa during your stay in Australia.
  • You currently do not have a substantial visa and have been denied or revoked your visa since your last arrival in Australia.
  • You currently have a sponsored visitor visa.
  • You are in an immigration camp.

Family test balance

The family balance test measures your attachment to Australia. Meet this requirement in any of the following cases:

  • At least half of your children are permanent residents of Australia.
  • Many of your children live in Australia more permanently than in any other country.
  • You must meet this requirement to obtain this visa. Even in unavoidable or exceptional situations, we cannot abandon them.

The application fee is $ 4,425 and $ 2,065 has to be paid before the application is completed.

Additional applicants over the age of 18 will pay an additional $ 2,215 per applicant.

Additional applicants under the age of 18 will pay an additional $ 1,110 per applicant.

The estimated processing time for this visa is uncertain due to the long line of existing applicants and the upper limit. The current estimate is the processing time will range from 13 to 30 years. Parents can apply for a contribution visa to avoid long processing times.

When submitting the application, members of the Family Association can be included in the application.

Regardless of whether the family has immigrated or not, the application form must include the details of the entire family.

Families applying for visas must meet our health and personality requirements. Families who do not come to Australia may also need to meet our health and personality requirements.

If you are applying for this visa as a pensioner, you will need to:

  • If your partner also retires, you can include your partner in your application.
  • Applications cannot include children.

The parent visa is available in both temporary and permanent forms.

These are:

1. Parent visa (subclass 103)
A Subclass 103 Parent Visa allows parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to live permanently in Australia.

2. Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary) Subclass 173
Contributor Parent Visa (Temporary) Subclass 173 allows parents, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens of Australian citizens to temporarily live in Australia.

3. Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent) Subclass 143
The 143 visa allows parents, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens of Australian citizens to live permanently in Australia.

4. Aged Parent Visa Subclass 804
Elderly parent visas allow older parents to move to Australia when more children live in Australia than in any other country.

5. Sponsored Parent Visa (Temporary) Subclass 870
Sponsored Parent Visas (Subclass 870) provide a new way for parents to temporarily reunite with their children and grandchildren in Australia.

Our classes

Visa subclasses

Currently, there are six classes of parent visas, which fall into two main categories: non-contribution and contribution. It may also be classified according to the age of the applicant, Temporary and permanent residence.

Parent visa (subclass 103)
Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary) Subclass 173
Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent) Subclass 143
Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804)
Sponsored Parent Visa (Temporary) (Subclass 870)
Why choose us?

How can ozee migration help you?

Ozee Migration offers objective immigration advice. We assist our clients in locating the best country for them and provide objective advice on the best migration options.

Our immigration consultants will work with you to determine your preferences and identify the best country with the best prospects for successful immigration and the best future prospects.

We stay current on immigration laws and policies, and we provide timely and accurate advice to help you make the best immigration decisions.

Every year, thousands of people use Ozee migration to pursue their global goals. Because of our knowledge, expertise, and experience in global immigration practices, we are the first choice for individuals and families looking to start a new life abroad.

Australia Migration Services

Book your consultation call with our experts.

We are the best immigration consultants and provide the best advice and suggestions to our clients according to their needs.


Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do with a parent visa?

A parent visa has some benefits. These are:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely.
  • Round trip to Australia without restrictions.
  • You may be eligible for Medicare, the Australian Government’s healthcare system.
  • There are few restrictions on workers’ rights.
  • If you meet Australia’s residence requirements, apply for Australian Citizenship as soon as you qualify.

What is the best visa for Australian parents?

Contributor Visa 143 is described as the best Australian visa to sponsor your parents. Visas allow them to come and stay with you. Visas provide them with many opportunities to live, study and work permanently on the continent of the island.

How long can my parents stay in Australia?

This visa allows parents to stay in Australia for up to 5 years at a time without leaving Australia. We provide an alternative to visitor visas that only allow short stays.

What documents do I need to sponsor my parents?

A copy of the birth certificate with your name and the names of your parents. A copy of the certificate of naturalization or citizenship, or a US passport if not born in the United States. A copy of the parents’ citizen’s marriage certificate.

Can I give my parents citizenship?

Yes, but only after when you become a citizen of the United States, you can help your parents become legal permanent residents of the United States. To do this, you need to sponsor your parents. If you are a US citizen and are 21 years of age or older, you are eligible for a parental green card.

Can my spouse sponsor my parents?

No, you can only sponsor your own parents and grandparents. If you co-sign your application in law, you must be the person who received the invitation to sponsor your spouse or partner. Even if you receive an application invitation, you will not be able to: Sponsor in-law using invitations.