Spouse/Partner Visas

Partner visa is for those individuals who are a Spouse, Fiance (prospective Marriage) or Defacto partner (including same-sex relationships) of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

An applicant needs to be sponsored to migrate to Australia by his/her partner who is Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizen. There are Obligations and limitations on the sponsors for this visa.

There are two types of partner visas:

1. Subclass 820/801 Partner visa (Onshore) and
2. Subclass 309/100 Partner visa (Offshore).

The Partner visa is a two-stage process namely temporary and permanent and an applicant applies for both visas once only at the time of initial application. Applicants are assessed on the temporary visa first and if the relationship is genuine and ongoing at the end of 2 years then the applicant may be granted a permanent visa without having to make a further approval of permanent visa. The partner visa is assessment for genuine relationship and the criteria include financial aspects, nature of the household, social aspects, and commitment to each other.

Prospective Marriage Temporary Subclass 300

This visa is commonly known as Fiancé visa designed for someone who wishes to come to Australia to marry their sponsor. If you are planning to apply for Prospective Marriage visa then your Australian partner must be an approved sponsor in addition with other requirements.

Child Visas
There are various options for Child visas for children under the age of 18 who are single and intend to come or stay in Australia on a permanent basis. Children who are adopted may also be eligible for Adoption visa under this category. Following are the various types of Child visa that have specific criteria to fulfil and depend on the applicant’s circumstances:

1. Subclass 101(Offshore) and Subclass (802) Onshore
2. Dependent child Subclass 445 visa
3. Adoption Subclass 102 visa (Offshore)
4. Orphan relative Subclass 117 (Offshore) and Subclass 837 (Onshore) visas

Remaining Relative
An Australian Remaining Relative visa entitles siblings and children of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens who do not have any other near relatives than those living in Australia to be reunited with their families. A near relative is a parent, sibling, non-dependent child or step equivalent.

Parent visa categories

  • Parent visa Subclass 103
  • Aged Parent visa Subclass 804
  • Contributory Parent visas Subclass 143 & 173 (Offshore)
  • Contributory Aged Parent visas Subclass 864 & 884 (Onshore) for those who are not subject to condition 8503 or to s.48 of the Migration Act.

What does contributory visa mean?

Contributory visas require applicants to pay higher visa fees in order to process their application faster than normal Parent visa hence it attracts substantial second instalments which must be paid prior to visa grant. There is an option to pay reduced visa fees by applying for two years temporary visas for both onshore and offshore visa options which are designed in a way that the second instalment is split and the applicant only pay a reduced amount for the temporary visa.

Additional primary criteria for parent visa are that the applicant must:

  • Have a sponsor
  • Meet the Balance of family test criteria i.e. at least 50% of Children of the Parent visa applicant must be eligible Children meaning that number of eligible children must be greater than number of ineligible children.
  • Meet health and character requirements

Assurance of support

Applications for a permanent Parent category visa require an assurance of support which is a legal commitment from an individual or organisation to give you financial support so you do not have to depend on social security payments. The assurance covers applicant and any family members included in your application.

How can we help you?

At Ozee Migration Services we can assist you in Preparation and lodgement of Visa application. So contact us if you need assistance and we will be more than happy to help you out.

Ask Our Expert

Registerred Migration Agent
Number 1681812